For those who do not currently have an Family Portal account, the parent/guardian may contact the school (e-mail Melissa Lee – firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at 770-592-3516), request an account and give a valid e-mail address. An e-mail will be sent to them explaining how to access the portal. Directions are available on the “Family Portal” for navigating throughout the portal.
• Once you have set up your account, here are the directions that you will need to follow to set up alerts/notifications:
Subscribe to Email Notifications
Parents can subscribe to receive email messages when any of the following conditions occur:
• A new attendance record is created.
• A grade below the threshold you define is recorded.
To subscribe to these email notifications:
1. Click the Family tab in the Family portal or the My Info tab in the Student portal.
2. Click the Notification side-tab.
3. At the top of the page, any email addresses associated with your account appear. Select the checkbox next to each email address for which you wish to receive notifications.
4. After viewing the description of each email, select the Subscribe checkbox if you want to receive that email notification.
Note: For the Grades notification, define a Grade Threshold between 1 and 100. The system will send an email when the student receives a grade below that percentage.
For each subscription, the system sends the appropriate messages to the designated email account. To view/change this account, click Set Preferences on the settings bar at the top of the page, then the Security sub-tab.